[chef] Re: Re: Quick knife ssh question

  • From: James < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Quick knife ssh question
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 10:23:00 -0500

Jonathan,

I believe he is using knife ssh to invoke chef-client. I used a similar method on 0.8.6 without problems, but have since replaced the knife ssh component (with the help of #chef), not because it didn't work, but because other options provide more flexibility (control over responses, variability in actions taken). However, in most cases, knife ssh will do the trick.

The error he posted appears to be from the chef-client invocation, which aligns with what he stated.

James

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 3:58 AM, Jonathan Matthews < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
On 21 February 2011 02:14, Joshua Jarboe < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
> Good evening,
> Trying to get knife ssh to work.  In interactive mode if I try chef-client
> (or sudo chef-client)

Well, which is it?

knife ssh, which relies on correct settngs in ~/.chef/knife.rb
*on*your*workstation*, or chef-client, which lives on the client-side
(usually a server, just not *chef* server) and reads
/etc/chef/client.rb on that box?

Jonathan
--
Jonathan Matthews