[chef] Re: Re: Quick knife ssh question

  • From: Joshua Jarboe < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Quick knife ssh question
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 09:02:56 -0800

Confirmed.  I've got this nailed.  Thanks for your help folks. :)

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 8:47 AM, Joshua Jarboe < "> > wrote:
I use knife ssh to connect to the instance in interactive mode and I send "sudo chef-client"  When I do that I see the error I listed.

Sorry, I haven't had much time to track these threads.  They've split.  Your clarifying questions have actually helped me understand this better, and I've put some time into investigating the problem.  I may have it fixed but I haven't had time to verify as I'm trying to get a staging server set up.

~Joshua

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 12:58 AM, Jonathan Matthews < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
On 21 February 2011 02:14, Joshua Jarboe < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
> Good evening,
> Trying to get knife ssh to work.  In interactive mode if I try chef-client
> (or sudo chef-client)

Well, which is it?

knife ssh, which relies on correct settngs in ~/.chef/knife.rb
*on*your*workstation*, or chef-client, which lives on the client-side
(usually a server, just not *chef* server) and reads
/etc/chef/client.rb on that box?

Jonathan
--
Jonathan Matthews