[chef] suggestions for upcoming community summit

  • From: Bryan Berry < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] suggestions for upcoming community summit
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 12:14:51 +0100

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend the community summit. I imagine there are some others in the same boat as myself.

It would be great if the event could be livestreamed for this reason.

I have written up just a few suggestions for the event, such as live streaming and topics to address.

It would be great if others could add their ideas well

I have just a few items. Here is what is there so far
  • How can we make the cookbook site and cookbook community as useful and vibrant as that of rubygems?
  • What are anti-patterns for cookbooks?
  • What are best practices for cookbooks?
  • Performance Tuning
  • Building on top of chef, a la crowbar
  • Cookbook testing and how to automate it, esp. for opscode/cookbooks
  • What should the role of opscode/cookbooks be?
  • Professional certification for Chef, like the MCSE, RHCE. Should Chef have it? How can we make it not suck