[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: suggestions for upcoming community summit

  • From: Bryan Berry < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: suggestions for upcoming community summit
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 06:56:34 +0100

what would be the best to protect my current system before testing it?

off the top of my head
  1. back up couchdb
  2. back up gems directory
  3. backup /{var,usr}/lib/chef
  4. stop chef services
  5. put new chef code in place of old, depending on whether using gems or rpm
  6. restart chef services
did I miss anything in this list?

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 6:39 AM, Daniel DeLeo < "> > wrote:

On Tuesday, November 1, 2011 at 9:48 AM, Bryan Berry wrote:

> > Sure, there's "use the service" but that's not always the best
> > business decision. What other ways can we help support the devs?
>

> +1 on that. My organization doesn't intend to purchase hosted chef but there should be some way for such organizations to help "invest" in the future development of Chef.
We'd certainly love to have more people involved with testing our beta and RC (pre-)releases. There's a 0.10.6 beta available now, soon to be an RC if no issues are reported.

--
Dan DeLeo