[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Better workflow for actively-developed cookbooks

  • From: Jay Feldblum < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Better workflow for actively-developed cookbooks
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 09:43:31 -0400

Bryan,

Not at all.

Librarian-Chef is meant to bring a particular practice of developers into the devops fields. For full benefit, that practice depends on a number of other tools and practices already being in place as well.

But the devops field is still under construction. While that remains so, people will likely encounter some friction using Librarian-Chef when they try to use it in the exact way that developers use Bundler, and will likely need to do some hacks and workarounds. That's to be expected. As the devops field progresses, and the tools and practices in the devops field mature, using Librarian-Chef or any other bundler will become more natural.

Cheers,
Jay