[chef] Re: Gem install on Ubuntu 12

  • From: Morgan Blackthorne < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Gem install on Ubuntu 12
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 21:48:58 -0700

I think the thing is, if you want to run Chef with Ubuntu 12, you want to switch the default version of ruby away from ruby1.8. So you'd want to do "update-alternatives --config ruby" to point the default to ruby1.9 (and associated binaries such as "gem", "ri", "rdoc", etc.).

~*~ StormeRider ~*~

"With hearts immortal, we stand before our lives
A soul against oblivion, forever asking why
This upside down symphony in a paradox called life
Our hearts immortal
What you give to love, will never die"