[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: MySQL Cookbook

  • From: Steven Barre < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: MySQL Cookbook
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 14:57:46 -0700

I've also been wondering why some attributes are "tuneable" and others are not. I also noticed the config file seems to just be the stock ubuntu one with a few modifications.

I'm also trying to understand why mysql is installed, started, and then the conf file is changed then mysql restarted. Wouldn't it make more sense to have the config file set up before the first run of mysql? Things like pid file and innodb log files don't handle changing very well. (as pointed out here http://tickets.opscode.com/browse/COOK-2100)

I'm starting to think this need some rewriting .... I'll volunteer, but I'm new at this. Some input from others would be appreciated.
Steven Barre, RHCE, ZCE, MCP

 ">

Systems Administrator / Programmer
Real Estate Webmasters - 250-753-9893