[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MySQL Cookbook

  • From: Aaron Brown < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MySQL Cookbook
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 19:14:16 -0400

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 6:58 PM, Jesse Campbell < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
i thought the reason the template happened after install was because most packages include a my.cnf which would overwrite the template...

All modern package managers that I'm aware of will keep an existing config file and specifically not overwrite it.  Are you aware of a specific package or distribution that errantly overwrites an existing config file?