[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MySQL Cookbook

  • From: Jesse Campbell < >
  • To: chef < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MySQL Cookbook
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 18:58:33 -0400

i thought the reason the template happened after install was because most packages include a my.cnf which would overwrite the template...

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 6:42 PM, Aaron Brown < " target="_blank"> > wrote:

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 5:57 PM, Steven Barre < " target="_blank"> > wrote:

I'm also trying to understand why mysql is installed, started, and then the conf file is changed then mysql restarted. Wouldn't it make more sense to have the config file set up before the first run of mysql? Things like pid file and innodb log files don't handle changing very well. (as pointed out here http://tickets.opscode.com/browse/COOK-2100)

I have just finished committing a bunch of changes that move the template creation to before the package is installed for this very reason, if you are interested in reviewing:

I will prepare a pull request in the next few days.

Aaron