[chef] Re: Bootstrapping a lot of nodes

  • From: Larry Wright < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Bootstrapping a lot of nodes
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 12:13:19 -0500

I think Spiceweasel (https://github.com/mattray/spiceweasel) will do what you are wanting.

On May 21, 2014 at 12:01:07 PM, ( "> ) wrote:

Hi,

  We have a requirement soon to add  several hundred nodes to our OpenSource Chef server. My question is: does anyone know a good way to handle this?

  I’ve googled quite a lot and cannot find much info about do a ‘mass bootstrapping’.

I will have a list of Environments and the nodes contained within those environments, and I suspect with a little ruby code I could get a script together to parse a file containing this information and bootstrap nodes appropriately, but this seems a little inelegant.

  Are there tools out there to help? Anyone devise a good method to do this?

Thanks

Chris