[chef] RE: Bootstrapping a lot of nodes

  • From: "ameirh ." < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] RE: Bootstrapping a lot of nodes
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 20:15:02 -0400

Hi Ranjib,

I launch these instances via AWS autoscaling, so the goal is that I do not have any manual involvement in any process of the provisioning or bootstrapping process.  knife-ec2 can provision instances, albeit manually (unless you have something else triggering knife).

Using -j is perfect, but I didn't want to mess with JSON in Bash.  -r has been working great for our needs, and I'm not aware of any downsides to it versus -j.  If you can think of any, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks,
Ameir