Re: mkfs and mdadm support

  • From: Arjuna Christensen <aj@opscode.com>
  • To: "chef@lists.opscode.com" <chef@lists.opscode.com>
  • Subject: Re: mkfs and mdadm support
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 14:20:03 +1200

Hey,

On 14/06/2009, at 2:08 PM, snacktime <snacktime@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 11:41 PM, Ezra Zygmuntowicz <ez@engineyard.com> wrote:

       The way I'm working with EBS volumes on ec2 where I want it to format the EBS device as ext3 *only* if it is not already formatted and then ensure it is properly mounted, I also want to grow the filesystem to fill the space in case i booted from a snapshot with a larger volume size.

Thanks Ezra that gave me another tool I didn't know about, e2label.

So I've got most of a filesystem resource/provider working.  It can create linux/raid/lvm partitions with parted, and then add ext3/xfs filesystems to linux partitions if specified.

Awesome! Have you opened up a ticket for this improvement? Providing the specs are sufficient, I'm happy to include this is 0.7.2 =D

Regards,

AJ