Re: mkfs and mdadm support

  • From: snacktime <snacktime@gmail.com>
  • To: chef@lists.opscode.com
  • Subject: Re: mkfs and mdadm support
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 23:35:17 -0700

Finally got around to opening up a couple of tickets on this.  I need to finish up some of the specs, I've been concentrating more on real world testing.  Should be ready to have it pulled in this weekend. Here are a couple quick examples of what it can do so far.

Filesystem provider:

file_system "/dev/sde" do
  device '/dev/sde'
  partitions [
    {'number' => 2, 'type' => 'raid', 'start' => '5GB', 'end' => '10GB'},
    {'number' => 1, 'type' => 'raid', 'start' => '0GB', 'end' => '5GB'}
  ]
  action :partition
end

file_system "/dev/sde1" do