[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: notifies on resource not notifying

  • From: Seif Attar < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: notifies on resource not notifying
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 14:55:13 +0000

So is this a bug I should I raise a ticket for?

I am going to start working on creating a custom resource for the recipe I was working on, since it kind of works in principle, but instead of chaining notifies I am going to just have the  calls into other resources inside an if statement to ensure idempotency.

something like

if(!file.Exists(teamcity_download_target_path) and !checksumsMatch)
   teacity..
   unzip..
   template..
   execute..
end

unless there is a better way to work around this?