[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: notifies on resource not notifying

  • From: Daniel DeLeo < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: notifies on resource not notifying
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 14:20:08 -0800

On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 1:40 PM, Seif Attar wrote:

Thanks for looking into this, let me know if I can help with anything.

I tried to work around the problem by putting all the resources in an if statement instead of having and not_if and notifies (is this even allowed?)

I am getting an error in the template now that I need to set username or group, updated recipe and log:

https://gist.github.com/4400257/a96b9810e4b67c488663db8aedb9e2fcca637e91
Is this with a pristine copy of Chef? I'm curious as to how you're ending up with owner, group, and mode set on that resource. The code you were looking at before would do that (File#load_current_resource_attrs), but it should be skipped on windows.

Is there a better way to work around the problem, so that no changes occur if the file exists?

Thanks again,
Seif

--
Daniel DeLeo