[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: notifies on resource not notifying

  • From: Seif Attar < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: notifies on resource not notifying
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 23:24:25 +0000

On 2 January 2013 22:20, Daniel DeLeo < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Is this with a pristine copy of Chef? I'm curious as to how you're ending up with owner, group, and mode set on that resource. The code you were looking at before would do that (File#load_current_resource_attrs), but it should be skipped on windows.

I installed chef on the vm using the msi installer and haven't modified the code in anyway if that is what you mean by pristine.

It is all mind boggling to me, because it install and executes fine when I remove the if statement that checks if the file exists in the workaround, which is why I assumed what I am doing with the if statement is wrong :S

Maybe it helps unravel the mystery